Davis House Museum

Built before 1840, the Davis house originally served as the parsonage for the Methodist Church and its traveling pastors.  Until 1974, it was owned by the Davis family. In the early 2000s, it housed a bookstore owned by Nancy Cooley.   In 2011, Ms. Cooley had decided to close her store and conversations began between her and Historical Society member JoAnn Harman to arrange the purchase of the building.    With the intent to restore the building The Historical Society arranged to borrow money from the county for the purchase price and proceeded to raise funds and accept donations to repay that loan and fund the restoration.  Final payment on the loan was made 1 ½ years later (in 2013).

Since that time, the Davis House has been renovated and is now the headquarters for the Grant County Historical Society and a museum of local history.  The official ribbon cutting/opening event was in September 2017.

The Museum is open on Memorial Day, July 4th, Heritage Weekend and Veteran’s Day.  Private group tours can be scheduled by appointment.  Admission is free, but donations are much appreciated.